Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday...

Today was a pretty quick day, it started out with me going to a meeting at work. I had 1/2 a donut (not my favorite thing) but I was hungry and I had just taken my pills. I also had my coffee, so I could counteract the sweetness. I stopped at Walmart on the way home to pick up a few cleaning supplies. When I got home, I spring cleaned and cleaned and cleaned! I am exhausted but hey, my windows are shiny and clean!! Yeah! The kids helped to, so it's almost done, just a few more things to do. It always feels so much better when you can have a clean house, open the windows and enjoy the fresh smell after being cooped up all winter. Awesome!!

I've been reading the book "Lies women believe and the truth that sets them free" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I'm only in chapter 5 but there are so many things that you wouldn't believe that women/girls believe in todays culture. Things that I have even heard and believed growing up. It is unbelievable that when you sit down and read the lies and than read God's Word and how they are so different. You can't help but ask yourself "Duh..Why haven't I seen this before?" The way the author takes you back to the garden of Eden and the very first deception, is incredible. I highly recommend this book to all of you! She tells you that she has come to the conclusion about the root of most of our struggles is that "You and I have been lied to. We have been deceived"

I've seen this in my own life and the lives of the ones I love too many times. Now that I realize some of the lies, I just want to haul off and hit Satan right in the nose and yell "Leave us alone". But then I realize, I don't have to do that, because Jesus will have the last word and He will make Satan pay for all the Lies and Deception he has done. So I just need to keep reminding myself the Scripture verses that counter the lies and place everything at the feet of Jesus. Once I leave everything up to Him, and place my Life in His hands and do His Will.... I will be Okay!!

Hope all of you have a fantastic day and I will talk at you later!!

John 8:31-32,36 "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free...If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

Yeah!!

No comments: